WHY PARTICIPATE IN DYZAJN MARKET?
We are the most popular exclusive sales event for a wide range of designers, artists, authors, creators... simply people who make all things beautiful, original and fine. We are also here for those who know how to make great food or drinks.
We are an event taking place in the historical centre of Prague, right by the National Theatre, on Václav Havel square, seasonally – spring, summer, holiday, autumn, and winter. We have excellent PR publicity, through our social sites, as well as our partners and public media. Even though we are an event with free admission, Dyzajn market always has a rich cultural program too – theatre not only for children, concerts, DJs, author readings, kid zone, exhibitions, workshops and fashion shows.
The team behind Dyzajn market is creative, always coming up with new ideas that make it possible for you, creators, to increase your visibility and move your creation to the next level.
We have a strong Facebook page and event, thousands of Instagram followers, as well as various media partners. Thanks to that, our participants, the site and the team, the attendance throughout the weekend is about 20,000 visitors.
Saturday and Sunday
10 AM to 8 PM (both days)
Václav Havel square, Prague 1
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND?
• We accept applications until June 2, 2019. After this date, it is possible to apply for higher prices.
• We will select participants and send them payment information until June 10, 2019. If you complete the application after June 2, you will receive information as soon as possible.
• You can check for the confirmation of your application in your e-mail (or in your spam folder). Please check that you enter your e-mail address correctly! If you haven’t received a confirmation within a few hours, something went wrong and you’ll have to take a few minutes to apply again.
• Selected participants receive detailed information about a week before the event.
CAN YOU GET SOMETHING EXTRA?
Promotion on our Facebook page / event / Instagram / Instastories – a tagged post about your brand on our Facebook page with over 42,000 organic fans, the Dyzajn market Holiday Facebook event or on Instagram with over 11,000 followers.
Instagram contest – contest for your product/s on Dyzajn market Instagram, which will attract 200 to 1000 new followers to your account.
Promotion of your internet profile – promote your website, e-shop, Facebook or Instagram on our website or in Dyzajn market Instastories.
Promotion in the designers catalogue – dedicate a discount coupon for your brand during Dyzajn market Holiday and increase customers interest.
Interview on our blog – an interview about your brand published on the Dyzajn market blog.
Promotional photographs – a bundle of photos of your products with promotion on our social networks.
Promotional video – a professionally edited video about your brand and your designs from the event or your workshop, promoted on our social networks. You can also use the video on your brand’s title page on Facebook.
WHAT SORT OF SPACE DO WE OFFER?
• We will reserve a space for you at the event. This means an empty space of certain dimensions, which doesn’t have any borders, where your beautiful products must fit with all your equipment and yourself (for instance, the XS spot will only fit one person).
• The number of spots is limited. If there is a higher number of applicants, we will select designers who will make the offer on our event as varied as possible. It can be an advantage for you to select more options in your application (under your preferred type of spot), where you would be willing to display your products.
• All the spots are covered. The XS, S and M spots are under our tents or in the underpass of the New Scene of the theatre. The L spots are either covered by the pillars of the New Scene, your own white tent or a tent you rent from us.
• Spots inside: You may also pick the option of “your own design display” inside the Operations Building B of the National Theatre, which is part of the event. An advantage of this place is the option to install your designs on the day before the event.
• The ceiling height under the tent is 1.9 m, under the building it is 3 m. If your display is taller than 1.9 m, let us know in a note in your application. That will be our only guide in choosing a place for your stand.
• After selecting our designers, we start working on the placement of their stands on the square. If you have some requirements regarding your stand, e.g. you want to be next to your friend/partner creator, please let us know in a note in your application. If it’s at all possible, we will be happy to do it. However, we won’t be able to help you at a later date.
• Two to three designers can share one spot. If you don’t need all of your chosen space, you may share with another designer (with an extra fee of 600 CZK per artist). Please write the e-mail and name of the brand you want to share the spot with. We will get in touch with the designers and ask them to register, too. We do not allow you to offer other designer's products under your brand.
• You will find the prices in the application form by the different options for spots.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO YOU NEED?
• We can lend you tables of certain sizes or a stand. You will find detailed information of the equipment we can rent you in the registration form.
• This means it is up to you to bring all the equipment to sell and display your products – shelves, chairs, lights, your stools or stands. It is a good idea to measure everything ahead of time, just so you know that your entire set-up, you and your products fit in your space. Banners and other promotional materials may also be part of your rented space. However, you may not place them outside your stall, in the shared space of the event.
• Extension cords: If you need to plug in to a power source at the event, bring your own extension cords, either on reels or sufficiently long, as well as socket adapters or power strips (socket type E/F/C).
• Spotlights, halogen lighting, electric kettles, coffee makers, electric heaters etc. are not allowed. Power offtake (mainly used for lighting) is only up to 50 W per spot (doesn’t apply to food and drink stands, where we agree case by case).
FOOD AND BEVERAGE STANDS
Please, give us a list of snacks you want to offer in your application. The number of stalls with snacks is limited, and so we try to avoid competition in their range of goods. It is possible we will have to impose ourselves in your menu and adjust it a little. If you think some items on your list are indispensable, please tell us in a note in your application.
We collect a refundable deposit of 1500 CZK from our snacks salespeople, payable in cash in the morning during registration. We will return your deposit after the event, when we have checked that your spot is completely alright – clean, without stains. Sometimes, when the weather is bad, we cannot do that on the same day, but don’t worry, you won’t lose your deposit.
Please, tidy your spot after yourself. It is always a spot of up to 3x3 m, so it should only take a few minutes. Part of the price for your spot is accepting 15 vouchers for 100 CZK each, which our organization team and some VIPs will exchange for refreshments during the event. We will make the vouchers ourselves, please accept them as payment and inform your staff, too.
WHERE CAN YOU PARK AND UNLOAD YOUR EQUIPMENT?
The event takes place in a historical part of Prague, and so there are traffic rules and limitations, which we ask you to respect.
• Loading and unloading is only possible in Ostrovní street (behind the National Theatre). It is not possible to drive into the event space, not even the sidewalk on Národní street. It is also not possible to park your car on the sidewalk behind the square in Ostrovní street.
• The National Theatre underground parking fee is 50 CZK/hour.
• Parking spaces around the site are mainly reserved for residents with a parking card. You will find more information about parking in the area on the website of the borough.
Don’t forget to write your invoicing data (including your firm ID). We will not check your trade license and tax ID, we leave this responsibility up to you. We believe that you know what you need to be able to sell your products. We will send you electronic invoices. We are a VAT payer.
A FEW FINAL TIPS
• Do not underestimate your pictures, we use them to select our designers. For your application, you should choose pictures that represent you well. You should absolutely avoid pictures that are black and white, collages, framed photos and pictures with your logo on them. Don’t send us your brand logo either. Photos showing other products of commercial brands from shops labelled with multinational chain brands are also unsuitable.
• Do not apply if you want to participate in a similar event in Prague during the same dates as Dyzajn market Holiday. Basing perfect PR (event promotion) on our designers and the accompanying programme is not an easy task. It is especially difficult, if a single designer takes part in a different event at the same time, in the same city. Our view is that this is not good for the customers, for the designers, nor for the organizers. Customers typically go to all the events and they see the same things everywhere. Designers have to pay 2 participation fees. And we, organizers, especially appreciate those of you who simply pick one event.
So we ask for your cooperation: if you decide to try a different event, it’s fine. We will welcome you to another edition. We also believe that visitors will appreciate this, because events will be more diverse, as well as organizers, who will be able support each other’s turnout.
From 1/3/2017 the Czech Republic introduced an obligation for entrepreneurs in retail and wholesale, including the sale in stands and in marketplaces, to use electronic records of sales (the EET), regardless of whether this is your main or other business activity (see the guidance note on the application of the legislation in Czech). If you have any doubts on whether your sales should be registered, ask your local tax office to issue a decision on the assessment of the determination of the recorded sale.
If you send this application form, you give us your consent to obtain, publish and use any images or audio-visual recordings of you or your stand, products or performance to promote future events.
The application is binding. If the seller cancels their participation at Dyzajn market any time after submitting their application or the event is cancelled due to a force majeure event, the seller is not entitled to a refund. If the fee has not yet been paid, it will be necessary to pay it at any time on our request.
Are you busy this weekend but you want to participate in Dyzajn market in the future? Give us your consent HERE and we will send you an e-mail when we open registration.